Amy Webb has updated the fantastic “Who Owns What” list (07/02/2008). The list shows the acquisitions made by the “Big 5” Digital Media companies in the world.
In the six months since Amy first created the chart, there are a handful of notable updates:
- AOL’s list has grown tremendously, while Google, News Corp and IAC have remained relatively unchanged.
- AOL is heading strong into behavioural targeting and various ad network options.
- Yahoo’s buy early and large strategy toned down considerably in Q3 and Q4 of 2007.
- Google’s last acquisition was Postini early last fall.
- The current list can also be downloaded as a PDF here.