I recently finished reading, “Innocent – Our Story and Some Things We’ve Learned”. A great insight into the culture of Innocent Drinks. The book provides an excellent overview of the history of the company and the ethical and environmental stance the business takes in sourcing its ingredients. The book also offers lots of practical business advice for entrepreneurs. If you are a fan of the drinks, this is a must read book!
The video above summarises the Innocent story in under ten minutes and features co-founder Richard Reed. He discusses five areas in which he believes has made Innocent Drinks a success. These areas include:
1. The nature of things made – 100% natural, 0% concentrate.
2. Procuring ingredients in an ethically and environmentally conscience way.
3. Producing packaging with a lighter foot print (recyclable/biodegradable).
4. Conserving energy – (refusing to air freight fruit and sourcing locally produced produce).
5. Sharing profits – 10% of profits are donated to good causes.
Overall, by following the guiding principles above, Innocent is building a business which is “net positive”.
Take a look at the video below for a tour of Innocent Drinks at Fruit Towers in West London.