I loved this recent post from Paul Isakson. There’s a big danger for businesses of all sizes to look for “shortcuts” into the world of Social Media. Here is some gentle advice for businesses of all sizes:
- Quit trying to "join the conversation."
- Stop trying to be everyone’s friend.
- Don’t shove your marketing messages at people.
- Just listen to what people are saying about your product or service and apply what you learn to making it better. (Feedback is King)
- The same goes for your marketing.
- Make your message worth talking about.
Focus on your key messages and less on jumping on the bandwagon!