Flickr Credit: Twitter
Yesterday, Twitter announced that they had reached an epic milestone of 100 Million users as a press event. Along with the usual Press call, Twitter CEO Dick Costolo also shared some interesting facts.
- Over half, 55% of Twitter users log on to the service via their mobile phone.
- On average, 1 billion tweets are sent each day. This represents an 82% surge in Tweets since January 2011.
- Worldwide growth rivals U.S. growth.
- According to Costolo, 40% of active users do not Tweet or have not Tweeted in the last month.
- Twitter.com sees 400 million unique visitors each month
- “The 400 million monthly uniques number shows that people are getting value out of Twitter without logging in.”
- Every team in the NFL is on Twitter with over half of players hosting accounts as well.
- 75% of NBA players have Twitter accounts.
- 82% of US Congress and 85% of US Senators are on Twitter.
- 87% of the 2010 Billboard Top 100 are also on Twitter.
- 100% of the top 50 Nielsen-rated TV shows Tweet.
Congratulations to the Twitter team, I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!